Monday, October 19, 2009

It's official...

...I'm definitely running bad. It's only a small stretch, I'm still up for the month, but my ROI is getting eaten down to sub 30% for October thanks to a spectacular run of tourneys motoring toward the money then getting punked in a hand that would put me monster chip-leader, chip-leader, or among the top handful of stacks at the least.

The worst of these have been three-outers, where I'm 85% favourite or thereabouts, which is obviously monumentally frustrating and has happened three times in the past seven tournaments. Others have been the more standard 60% favourite type of thing, with some mind-boggling calls from my opponents factored into the irritation of these situations.

I have to keep on keeping on, obviously. This is the first remotely significant bad run I've had at these 18 and 27 seater sngs. Overall results are fantastic, overall ROI is crazy. I genuinely don't think this is a 'correction' of some kind. I've obviously taken bad beats throughout my very successful 'career' at these tourneys - the difference at present is that it keeps happening on pretty much the key hand of each game, the one that should pretty much see me sailing into the money if I win it. That really fucks me off. When it happens early, I can live with it quite easily; "At least I didn't spend long in that tourney, pull up another".

It's time to avoid a results focus and keep putting in my volume. The profits will come. End self-coaching session.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home