Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Consistency

I'm not going to get close to my target of 130 18-man or 27-man SNGs by the end of the month. However, I have a good chance of making the amount of money that the target was based upon, as my consistency and ROI have been spectacular.

I'm under no illusions that the 70%+ ROI I'm showing in this targeted spell can be sustained over any large sample. However, it isn't soooo far from my total performance as to be utterly ridiculous; while I've cashed in 8 of my last 19, that's included an unusual rash of low cashes and bubbles. Those have featured a KKvAA sickener and a couple of losses of monster pots (as favourite) that would have sent me cruising to the headsup.

This isn't intended as bragging, I just think it's important that I record my success just as I record my failures and bad beats. It also helps to put it all down in black and white and realise that it's frankly ridiculous that I haven't moved up in stakes yet. Have been toying with the idea of adding more tables (I typically only play two at once) but I'm quite sure I'd see more of a dropoff in ROI that way than if I simply stepped up a level. I don't play these on auto-pilot in the manner of most multi-tablers, so I need to pay attention.

You might also ask why I'm bothering with the 18-man games, given the disparity in profit with the 27s. I would have answered that it's easier to go on a run of no cashes with the larger field, so the 18's help keep me positive in case that happens. Yet I see now that I have longer runs without cashing in those, too. They probably have to go.

I'm also champing at the bit to play some larger (in field size) MTTs. The last one I played, I finished about 80th out of nearly 8,000 entrants and had a blast. But, as ever, I simply don't have the opportunity to play for four, five, eight hours straight very often.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home