Saturday, September 26, 2009

Bullseye

I've hit the profit target I set myself for playing 130 SNG's by the end of September, having played exactly 50 of them. This is both highly gratifying (kaching! I'm awesome!) and slightly galling (damn, I'm lazy and don't put the volume in). Though there is the factor that the better you do, the fewer you necessarily play since you're in them for the full hour and a half so often.

Last ten results: 13 3 7 2 13 11 3 13 1 1

I ran like God at the final tables in winning those last two, frankly. Or at least one of them, where KK>AA, J5>JQ, 79s>QQ and so on. I was delighted to win with the Aces versus Kings as it was my fifth sickening time running KK into AA this week and so I was 'due' the 20% underdog win.

Clearly I am much better at LOLDonkaments than I am at NFL betting, for the time being. I hope you didn't bet last week's selections. I went 3-6 although I then ended up backing the Colts at Miami on Monday night as part of my oppose Miami strategy for this season.

For what it's worth, here are this week's picks so far:

Seattle +2.5 over Chicago
Many see this as Jay Cutler versus Seneca Wallace and immediately chalk this up for the Bears. Of course football isn't simply about quarterbacks going mano a mano but if it were, did you realise that these two have almost identical passer ratings, with similar win-loss records Wallace ahead on TD-INT ratio? The Seahawks injury problems are a worry, but I'm hoping the Bears are still who Denis Green thought they were...
4 pt bet

Cincinnatti +4 over Pittsburgh
Cincy never lack motication for this game, with an endless streak of Steeler wins here that they'd love to end. Now they have Palmer fit again and enough defense to give themselves a real chance.
4 pt bet

Philadelphia -8.5 over Kansas City
Rarely one to back TD+ favourites, I find myself doing it for the second straigh tweek. The biggest worry here is the possible absence of Westbrook for Philly, but outside of that all McNabb's absence does is create value on the Eagles. KC have had to prepare for up to four QBs, but Philadelphia figures to win this game first and foremost through defense. When looking for a reason to back the Chiefs, bear in mind that their socre at Baltimore was deceptive and they contrived to lose to Oakland partly through some dreadful coaching decisions. I smell a blowout here, and cornerbacks Samuel and Hobbs being mucho familiar with Matt Cassell only strengthens that feeling.
5 pt bet

Tennessee +5 at NY Jets
This game has gone from a low-priority banana skin on the Titans schedule to almost a must-win - with added revenge motivation for Tennessee. Thankfully they face a probably over-rated Jets team who've yet to oppose a powerful running game or run defense, or see their rookie QB under much pressure. That all figures to be different this week and so I take the points in a probably close game.
5 pt bet

San Diego -6 over Miami
I'm opposing Miami in almost any remotely difficult spot, and traversing the continent off a short week to play the Chargers definitely counts. The Chargers' injuries are a concern, but Miami just lost to another good passing attack despite doing just about everything right on offense. That's not enough margin for error this Sunday with higher priority division games coming next.
6 pt bet

There will probably be a couple more picks added tomorrow, if you're a glutton for punishment, and I haven't even assessed the over/unders yet, where I actually went 2-0 last week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home