Sunday, September 06, 2009

Really boring entry with good quote at the end

In an exciting development I just received my first ever "cheating victim credit" from Pokerstars. Really not exciting, it amounted to one sng buy-in for me, but it brings a warm glow to know that Stars are watching my back like kindly godparents.

I play too low in general to worry unduly about collaboration, although I've been suspicious a handful of times. I suspect this episode occurred during my recent tilt at one-table turbos. Time has been shorter than usual recently so even the two-table sngs that are my bread and butter have been out of the question (they generally take an hour and a half if you get to the end) so I played a ton of turbos. I enjoyed them immensely but my ROI plummeted from an early 25% to 8% by the end, scuppering any suspicions that the hourly might be better than in the two-table games.

I'm now planning to put in a ton (130 to be precise) of the two-tables by the end of the month. My ROI there remains very stable, fluctuating between 40 and 45 percent. The results in the 18 seaters and 27 seaters seem to rise and fall like two sides of a pair of scales, but the overall profit remains remarkably consistent. Having said that, I am on a little scoreless run right now - but it's just the usual story of losing the crucial flip in pursuit of a monster stack. Nothing to worry about.

I just recalled a really good poker quote I read somewhere:

"He who bets the most, wins - cards just break the ties".

Now I'm off to research turnover differentials in preparation for the NFL season.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home