Monday, September 07, 2009

Twin Peak

Aahhhh, that's better. I mentioned a little winless run in my earlier post (there was a minimum cash in there but those hardly count), and I've just broken out of it by winning a 27-seater and an 18-seater simultaneously. So simultanously that the final hand of each (A8>AJ in one of 'em) took place at the very same moment. Sweet.

It's not easy playing headsup on two tables at once. I'm sure the 12, 14, 20-tabling superfreaks can do it while MSN-ing and pissing in a bottle at the same time, but it's more challenging for the likes of me. Still, it does render you more emotionally detached from each game in isolation and that is usually helpful in decision-making.

I'm currently a shade over 45% ROI in these games. I like to think that's good, but I'm generally trying to steer clear of forums etc. I'm wary of finding myself reading strategy threads and then ending up tinkering with my game, when if anything I need to struggle to keep it simple and not start deviating from the basics that are serving me well.

Meanwhile, I'm wary of this blog being all poker-poker-poker. Unfortunately (ha!) my life is a lot more stable - and happy - than it used to be, which does seem to limit my material a bit. I'll try to step up the swearing in future entries.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home