Friday, May 13, 2005

Equity sucks

I played really well on Thursday night, getting my money in with the best of it time after time, for almost five hours. I only won $33. Very frustrating really.

Two pots stick in my mind, where all the money went in on the turn with me having 74% and 83% equity. I was 7/1 and 4/1 to get nothing out of each pot,and that is what happened in both.
Still, these situations are why poker has almost entirely superceded sports betting in my gambling life. If you know of any sports bets paying 2/1 on 1/7 or 1/4 shots, please let me know immediately!

Actually if you are still into sports betting and have some money you don't mind tying up for a couple of months, then you could do worse than invest in Australia to win the Ashes this summer. I was getting caught up in the pro-England hype, but two people whose cricket judgement is spot on assure me that it is a one-horse race.

Anyway, tonight is still not going all that well - I am up but not very much. It seems like I can never win a 6/4 shot against me, but mine get cracked the other way repeatedly. Actually, I made a big raise earlier and got called by two and thought I had really stuffed up. I got nothing from the pot, but the numbers showed I had almost 48% equity compared to their 30% and 22%. I was in fact 88% to get half the pot.

Do you ever feel 'I am just not a lucky player'?

I know that's nonsense... but is it?? I'm sure my hourly rate of equity is way higher than my hourly rate of actual money. Sigh. I feel I must be close to having a real monster session.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home