Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Give the man his money

Woohoo, I got a comment! Eat my shorts!

I still don’t have my Party cash-out, in the seventh working day since it was requested. They (the skin I play on) assure me it should arrive ‘this week’. I am not impressed. I might have to go through the hoops of cashing out via Quickpay outlets in future. Not having debit or credit cards is a pain; I advise any young, naïve readers to avoid the mistake I made of getting deeper and deeper into debt, year after year.

Last night I played snooker after work, with poker an afterthought when I got home somewhat drunk. The snooker went okay; I am adding more and more shots to my game, potting more and more balls, but just not quite putting enough shots together in a row to make real breaks. It will come.

Poker when I got in, well I decided I wasn’t in the mood to really concentrate. So I played $10+1 sit and goes, NLHE, much easier to do on autopilot, impossible to lose any real money. I played three, one after the other.

First one: third. Easy peasy to get into the money, was shortest when we got there and busted quickly in a coin-toss of some sort.

Second one: Fourth. Grrr. I was the only one not prepared to let each hand fold round to the big blind time after time, and went out when an opponent took an absolute age to call my button raise, with her middling Ace. I guess there is some folding equity on the bubble when people are idiots, as she was clearly not happy to call.

Third one: Fourth again. Drat, drat and double drat. Pretty much the same story as above, this time I went out with 8T versus A7. The flop was 689 and the damn river made his straight. It’s a fine line between going out penniless and being big stack and in the money.

I enjoyed the games. It is mad starting with only 800 chips, and soon becomes a lottery if a few don’t distribute their stacks and leave early on. However, people make all kinds of terrible decisions, and display a complete lack of awareness of pot odds and such. I ought to play higher than $10+1, but they are just a bit of light relief really.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home