Thursday, April 21, 2005

Return of the.. oh who cares?

I’m back. Had a blast at the snooker, and when we played on our return last night I managed breaks of 27 and 23 in one frame – quite an achievement at my level of ability.

It seems unlikely that anyone followed my snooker betting picks, since most visitors arrive here having searched for ‘rude pictures’ or ‘stunning women’, but if you did you will have made a small profit on the first round match selections. If you are still awake, Jimmy White looked in excellent form and is being rather foolishly dismissed by the bookmakers with a quote of 7/4 to beat Matthew Stevens. In my view this match is as close as they come, so 7/4 has to represent good value.

Many of the American poker bloggers have written about filing taxes recently. I don’t know how different it is over there in terms of income tax, but it sure is nice not to have to worry about poker income in that respect.

Anyway, it is a while since I went an entire week without playing; I wonder if I will be rusty - or raring to go and full of application and concentration. I am embarking on another time-challenge. I want to get twenty hours in by next Friday, because I am going away again for a week on Saturday 30th April. My destination is a closely guarded secret on this occasion.

Oh, and it did feel good to spend quite freely at the snooker and know that every penny in my wallet had just been withdrawn from one of my poker accounts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home