Monday, April 04, 2005

Oblivious

Just an aside; in my two weeks on Party (predominantly American) I have already seen more bitching and name-calling than I saw in the previous three months on my usual site (predominantly European).

My own play has continued to be good – but not frequent enough – over the weekend. However, being either distracted or drunk has had an effect in a couple of larger pots.

First I failed to realise I had a straight flush in one hand, so when the river paired the board I did not make as much money as I should have.

Secondly, pretty drunk, the river gave me trips (I thought) but put a flush on board. It was checked to me by three players with one left behind me, and I drunkenly went all-in thinking that maybe nobody had the flush, they might have all been going low, and/or I might even get a small flush to fold. Well, the button called instantly with a king high flush and the others folded. Damn!

But what’s this - the chips are coming my way!? Oh, the turn had given me two pair, so my trips on the river actually made me the nut full house. A nice outcome, but I could do without playing drunk enough to miss such subtleties… I suspect that if someone up front had bet I would have folded.

1 Comments:

At 4:19 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello TJ,

Just like to say I appreciate your blog! I have a similar 'problem' to you when wasted, my usual weak-tight approach becomes loose aggressive sometimes hilariously so.

As an aside, with PP do you find the time difference helps? I'm based in Japan (from the UK many moons ago) and if I play Saturday morning I get the impression half the table is completly out of it (as it's late Friday night in USA).

Keep up the good work,

Letmos

 

Post a Comment

<< Home