Monday, March 14, 2005

SS2

Well, I have to say that ‘Super System 2’ has been a little bit disappointing. I suppose I didn’t make enough allowance for the fact that many of the sections just don’t interest me that much. I am open to playing a variety of games, but really the likelihood of me playing triple draw lowball is extremely low.

The PLO section was a let-down, with perhaps one little point that made me think. I do like Doyle’s section on No Limit, but it is virtually unchanged since the first edition and I read that section in Borders a few weeks back.

Actually, for simple reading pleasure I found the online chapter entertaining, and was amused by Doyle’s suggestion that if there were a button to tip the virtual dealer then many players would actually use it. I think he might be right, although I wouldn’t touch it myself. Actually, I am thinking hard about value for money; my site has raised its rake slightly - or rather is raking more pots - and I am minded to actually look elsewhere, particularly somewhere with rakeback possibilities. Seems to me rakeback makes an enormous difference to your bottom line, and I feel like a monkey for currently missing out.

I’m still playing nowhere near enough hours, for social and private reasons, but continuing to win every time I sit. I made another good run in the Sunday night multi that I won two weeks previously, and really felt good about my chances of making the final table again. However, I lost a chunk with about 70 players left and then went bust with AK versus AA, perhaps earlier than I needed to. Still, I am not interested in playing without a really big stack any more and I would have gone broke on the hand however I played it, with both an Ace and King on the flop.Last night I got bad beat out of a reasonable PLO pot, and also took a bit of a beat to only come third in a PLO sit n go. What struck me was that those were the first bad beats I can recall in the past week or so.

Oh, I liked something Jennifer Harman said in her recent Cardplayer interview - one of the only things I’ve ever read that actually helps psychologically with bad beats. She suggested looking on beats as a business overhead. That really clicked with me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home