Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Twenty time better

How long can you keep waking at an ungodly hour and schlepping into an office - even a fairly pleasant office - day after day? Especially when you have never had, and never will have, the the career ambition gene; the ability to actually give a shit about what you do at work beyond the fact that showing up pays the rent.

Most certainly, if I got into a rakeback deal and put in the hours and played with discipline, I could squeeze a living out of poker. I guess deposit bonusses are not to be ignored either. I do have an issue with joining new sites due to the fact that I cannot use credit or debit cards at present, but I am quite certain I can make arrangements with a co-operative friend or sibling.

Incidentally, I've been reading around a little bit, and some sources lead me to believe that you are deemed to have contributed to rake even in hands to which you have not contributed a cent; eg. the rake is simply divided by the number of players at the table. Can that be right??

Anyway, that little dream won't die. I'm not in the camp that feels I would need to earn 'serious' money to make it worthwhile. A living wage with a little extra on to save up toward holiday and sickpay would be enough for me; I put the quality of life and freedom of schedule higher than making a fortune.

I bought a new MP3 player yesterday. It is about twenty times better than the one I bough nine months ago, and cost only £30 more. I bought that other one at a really bad time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home