Sunday, March 27, 2005

Movies movies movies

Still feeling absolutely lousy. I've not touched poker today, and it has been a rare pleasure to curl up and watch a DVD.

I watched 'Back to the Future 2' and almost all the extras. What a great film! I recall being disappointed when it first came out, but I can't imagine why as it is packed with so much invention and wit and clever design. The way it weaves around scenes from the original movie is quite breathtaking. A worthy sequel to a true classic.

Tomorrow night a film called 'Wonder Boys' is on TV. Its a movie with some emotional significance for me, as I watched it on video with the woman with whom I had an affair three or four years ago. We watched it naked, with champagne, cigarettes, dope - and strawberries which found their way into some interesting places. It was a very special night, though of course the memory is soured somewhat by the deceit that underpinned it and the pain that came later.

Anyway, for one reason or another I can't recall too much of the movie after the first half hour, so I will probably give it a watch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home