Thursday, March 31, 2005

New Hicks biography alert alert

I haven’t been playing much poker over the last few days; only one night in the last three in fact. I am pleased with myself about this, since I haven’t been feeling lively or very awake. I’m dragging myself to work, but am still very tired and weak from this illness I’ve had.

Tuesday night when I did play, I played very well for just one hour. I think I have got a handle on the Party PLO8 games now. It has amused me leafing through the ‘Two Plus Two’ O8 forum, where people seem such… nits, I think is the poker word. They are so concerned with the ‘dollars voluntarily put in the put’ percentage and suchlike, and seem amazed that their databases show that some people playing relatively high numbers of hands are – gasp! - winning. It is almost as if there is more to the game than only playing one hand in eight!

Quit being so fixated on the easily-measurable, auto-rateable stats and try thinking through some of the actual situations you find yourself in, guys.

I guess I will never be a chronic multi-tabler because I do like to extract winnings from situations, rather than play more or less by rote.

Disclaimer: Many, though not all, those 2+2 posts relate to limit O8 rather than pot limit.

So, I bought some vitamin pills the other day as I stagger towards feeling better and looking after myself. I just noticed it says on the label ‘Not to be used as a substitute for a balanced diet’. Well duh, why else would I buy the damn things?

Irritation: All the clocks here are wrong. My phone says 1:13, my PC says 1:19 and its actually 1:11. I guess the trick is to arrive in the morning by my watch, and leave at night by the PC clock.

Visited ‘Borders’ at lunch, and discovered a new Bill Hicks biography has just been published. Had to buy it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home