Thursday, March 17, 2005

Three seconds

Every three seconds a child dies in Africa of hunger or preventable disease. That is thirty thousand children, every day. Thirty thousand children.

How about we try to improve this planet for those children, rather than bringing more of our own little vanity projects into the world? I am thinking long and hard about how I use my time and some of my immeasurable wealth at the moment.

Meanwhile, poker content:

The film 'Cool Hand Luke' has some personal significance for me. You probably know the line 'Sometimes nothing can be a pretty cool hand', and I've enjoyed winning a couple of pots with nothing recently. I won a monster early pot in Sunday's tournament with seven-high (missed flush draw versus a missed tiny straight draw), and last night I managed to scoop a three-way pot limit Omaha8 pot with just a Queen to pair the one on the board. That was particularly nice.I haven't had a losing day since the debacle two weeks ago (hm, did I write that yesterday?), so that's good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home