Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Chelsea will win

I started working on my little target last night, quite successfully. I got in three hours, either side of an evening at the pub. I won $94 too, which was a decent start.

Got quite lucky in one pot, calling a pretty large turn bet because I had an uncounterfeitable low draw and a slim chance of high. As it happened the other dude was going high, which was my worst-case scenario, but I hit my slim high draw to scoop.

I’m sticking twenty dollars (damn poker got me thinking in dollars all the time) on Chelsea beating Bayern Munich tonight. Earlier I thought it was a strong bet and I should be lumping a serious amount on, but now I am not so sure. I do think Chelsea will win comfortably – Bayern looked less than stellar in beating Arsenal – but 7/10 is not a great price in a Champions’ League quarter final.

I place very few sports bets these days; the margins feel so small and the judgements so uncertain in comparison with poker decisions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home