Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Bad hand

Ouch. I have injured my right hand, and can’t pick things up very easily. I did it by falling over my own bicycle while walking with The Girl I Am No Longer Seeing. We met for a quick drink yesterday evening, and it became clear that I really did hurt her. I feel pretty lousy about it.

I also have my moments of regret; giving up a girl with a lovely body and great chemistry doesn’t always seem the most sensible act. But I am mostly loving the total freedom I created for myself

I managed to get three hours in last night, taking to me just over thirteen in the 25 Hour Challenge. I thought that pride (in quoting my $20+ hourly here) was coming before a fall as I sunk to minus thirty fairly quickly, unable to either hit a flop or buy a pot. However, patience and good judgement – including dealing with a maniac at one table – won through. I recorded a decent enough win, though it pulled me just under $20 per hour for the duration of the ‘challenge’.

I’m trying to take the positive view about pillaging my bankroll for my trip to the snooker. The positive view is this; I am taking a five day holiday, and poker is paying just about every penny involved. Excellent!

Once I return I am going to become Super Grinder, building an untouchable bankroll until I am playing at a respectable level.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home