Friday, June 17, 2005

Correction

I would like to apologise for any inaccurate impression that may have been created by my previous post, approximately seven hours ago.

For the record, and to clear up any misunderstanding, I fucking hate poker.

I just played another set of three sit and goes. Regrettably, one of them proved to be a Limit game rather than no-limit... I'm glad I managed to realise this just before I hit 'return' on my witty comment about the ridiculous number of mini-bets and mini-raises that were going on.

Anyway, in one game I managed to romp to victory without even once having the worst of it when significant money went into the pot. In the second, I was the short stack (but only a double through from being in contention) with six players left and got it all-in pre-flop with Ace-Queen versus - yes - Ace-Jack. Sure as you like, the fucking Jack turned up on the flop. Again.

And in the limit event, I played rather well actually and got to the last four. Here I got it all-in pre-flop versus the intensive-care short stack with a coin toss, and lost. Since the biggest stack only had four big bets at this stage, that was pretty much the end of me (I couldn't possibly hope to overturn AJ with my K9 a couple hands later).

Stupid fucking game. I feel like Phil Hellmuth, only shorter and with fewer endorsements.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home