Monday, June 13, 2005

Buzzing

I had a reasonable weekend. Didn't put in all that many hours of poker as I was fairly socially active, but they were good hours.

Actually, my head is buzzing with hands and situations... Bluffing into two opponents on the river at PLO8, at least one of them should have folded to get me half a decent pot, but both called with non-nut one-way hands despite the strength I had shown throughout... losing a reasonable pot (a session make-or-breaker) as the smallest of small favourites with my wrap draw... taking a nice pot after calling a preflop raise and bluffing all streets to the river... making a good call on the end after an extra moment's thought... and failing to bet and take a pot on the river despite having made the right read.

I have got myself accustomed to playing two tables at the next game up, handling the swings of a session at a higher limit. Last night was particularly swingy, though only from stuck to level to stuck to level again! I feel quite good about my game, and feel a big win in the offing.

I bought one of these today. I've got every old arcade game imagineable on a CD for my laptop, but you can't beat playing them with a nice chunky joystick. One of the very first things I will do when I am making big wedge at the $1000 tables is to buy a cocktail table arcade machine... one of the real classics.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home