Monday, May 23, 2005

Backer to the future

I had the anniversary of this blog wrong. It’s the 28th, not today. I never have been much good with birthdays and suchlike. I’m not sure I’d be handing out balloons and cakes anyway - I have neither the mood nor the bankroll for that.

Yes, the bad run continues and I am really suffering. I’m bewildered, stunned, frustrated, pissed off, disappointed and upset. It isn’t the worst financial run of my poker life - I’ve lost more in one pot than I have in the past two weeks - but it is the worst in terms of timing, and the sheer persistence of these awful, shitty cards.

It is starting to get to me. I’ve avoided tilting; I’ve tried tightening up; I’ve tried gambling a little more. And of course I am starting to question my play, even after checking just about every hand history where I have lost a lot of chips. Every time, I have either been a big favourite or at least in decent shape. And heck, you can’t get it right every time, but surely you should expect to hit the odd 3/1 shot to scoop and surely you should expect to occasionally get something out of the pot when you are only 60/40 underdog?

Shockingly, I now have somebody who is backing me somewhat, who believes in my game enough to do so - although it is largely a favour because this person can afford it. Therefore, I will be reasonably bankrolled in a few days despite these recent losses. My aim will be to play somewhat higher, although in gradual steps at the moment with my confidence having taken such a battering.

I’ll also be splitting my play between Eurobet and my older site, as I enjoy the greater variety of games there; 6-max tables, PLO sit and goes, heads-up freezeouts, five card stud. However, the rakeback I get at Eurobet means I want to play there plenty; its all I have made for the past fortnight!

Today’s most bizarre Google search referral to this site: ‘Toby Maguire naked’.

2 Comments:

At 11:08 pm, Blogger Pauly said...

Happy pre-birthday.

 
At 8:39 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi. Anyone heard of this site? www.123rakeback.com Can you really make
$3000.00 per month in poker rakeback? I checked this site and it looks
good but does anyone have any more info? Waiting....William

 

Post a Comment

<< Home