Sunday, June 05, 2005

Heads up, heads down

I had won 6 out of 7 heads-up matches (no limit freezeouts) without ever being all-in with the worst of it, when I sat down versus an Aussie this morning.

In match one I had him nicely outchipped as the blinds got big, and got him all-in with me a 60/40 favourite. That went down and put him ahead from where he won.

Second match, I had him all-on a flop of AJQ, me holding TK for broadway and him with Q7 for one pair. Turn and river completed broadway on the board to split it. I was a mere 25-1 shot to win it. Only a few hands later I had A2 on a board of 226T. Both all-in, he has 2-4 and the river is a 4 for his 14-1 winner. It sort of hurts to lose a match, no matter how low the stakes, on a cumulative 390-1 shot.

I took a worse beat yesterday actually - the place where I wanted to deposit cash into Party (well, Eurobet) via Quickpay had - gnash! - run out of forms! When might you get forms? Oh, I don't know (thought bubble over his head said 'I don't care'). So now I will have to do it via fucking bank transfer, suposed to take five working days, though my withdrawal by the same method took over a fortnight. Had I known I wouldn't be able to 'Quickpay' the money, I would have done the bank transfer on Wednesday.

Fuck me, poker is frustrating. I don't know how I keep my head sometimes. If I didn't bore you fucking rigid with bad beat stories in here then I probably would have exploded by now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home