Wednesday, October 05, 2005

My ship never comes in.. do I HAVE a ship?

Interesting and ultimately irritating day's play.

Had a lovely session of PLO8 first; the usual story of people donating money to my nut hands. Sometimes wonder why I get tricky occasionally, when people are happy to do that no matter how tight they (could) see me playing.

At the same time, I missed the final table of the PLO tourney after five straight appearances. I gambled with 13 outs and missed.

Then a NLHE tourney, very rare for me but I fancied a change. 322 runners, and I came in 15th, having shown down precisely two hands in two and a half hours up to that point. I was pretty short-stacked and tried to steal with 9Ts. I was re-raised all-in and had to call (as I had known I would have to). He had AQc, making me 38 percent, but I couldn't buck the odds.

So, miss with 13 outs and a 38 percent shot all-in. Then I play some more PLO8 cash in the evening and got royally shafted when I completely outplayed a guy who called his entire stack on the turn with six outs. He obviously figured I had Ace-Two, as they so often do. I spent the next hour repeatedly asking him (I had drunk a beer or three) to wire the money back to me.

I am now off to Copenhagen for a few days... Scandinavia, home of over-aggressive luckbox poker players. I might punch one or two if I run into them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home