Thursday, August 11, 2005

Being Vulcan

I played like an arsehole last night. I have developed a worrying tendency to tilt a little bit at PLO8 if I have one of those sessions where you get no flops or turns in your favour for an hour and a half.

Worse, my biggest mistake was when I made a moronic raise at some guy who had riled me a little (not even a lot) with a comment on my play.

My two significant losing sessions lately have both featured me shoving a ton of chips into the pot out of frustration and anger and thus increasing my losses by 50 - 100%.

Clearly, once I finish work tomorrow, I cannot let this become a habit.

Drinks for my leaving take place after work tonight (people can't make Friday). I really, really wish I could just leave without fuss, fanfares or goodbyes. I've not bothered telling anyone what I am going to be doing - why would I? I'm a miserably private, unsociable, emotionally withdrawn person. Being open and emotionally available is what left me with an ex-girlfriend whom I love and cry about from time to time, and I certainly don't need any more of that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home