Friday, September 23, 2005

Times a -wastin'

As the lack of entries may have hinted, I am not doing well.

PLO8 is treating me okay - I even won two out of three 50% equity pots the other day - while PLO high is absolutely fucking me up the arse, sideways and backwards.

I haven't written much because I really don't want to continue a litany of bad beat moaning, but I am running horribly, horribly badly. Of course I am making some mistakes as well - always more likely when running bad I suppose - but what is particularly galling is that when I do get the money in from behind I can't ever pull off the odd win. I would actually like to be adding a bit more gamble to my game, but when I am running such that I can't win with even a 40% or 33% dog it doesn't seem wise.

Today's session was particularly demoralising and harsh. A succession of terrible starting hands, a couple of very sound bluffs picked off by dreadful calls, a gutshot straight hitting to beat my trips on a paired board (truly no idea what the guy was thinking), a lost monster threeway pot in which I had over half the equity, an inability to fill any set.

Of course, these sessions happen, and today I did not do my very best at limiting the loss. I am just finding it hard to deal with the fact that I can't get a monster session together. I'm eating like a bird and shitting like an elephant, as Doyle Brunson has put it. Yet despite putting in a lot of analysis of sessions, hands and my play, I can't see any reason for it beyond a continual and crushing case of running bad.

I picked up four more poker books yesterday, In London. 'Tao of Poker', which looks a lot more promising than 'Zen..' by the same author, Ashley Adams' seven card stud book (always interested in getting competent in more games) and both Harrington's books even though I haven't played a No Limit Hold 'Em tournament since 'going pro'.

As far as 'pro' goes, it is so far an almost unmitigated disaster. The only plus I can take is that I really am avoiding tilt better than I would have expected after five weeks of hell. I am a very, very long way from where I wanted to be at this stage, and actually a fairly long way even from what I viewed as my worst case scenario. (And I am a pessimist by nature).

Without my insane (and at this point, poorer) backer and workable bankroll, I would already be under severe pressure. Its fucking hard to succeed at this, and I fear for anyone who tries it without an adequate bankroll. Though I exclude from that comment any of my opponents today, who could clearly do it off a couple of buyins. If you are the kind of player who routinely wins your dreadful all-ins with twenty percent equity, I suggest you quit your job immediately - times a-wastin'.

1 Comments:

At 6:14 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

… Unbelievable , but I just found software which can do all hard work promoting your doublethrough.blogspot.com website on complete autopilot - building backlinks and getting your website on top of Google and other search engines 1st pages, so your site finally can get laser targeted qualified traffic, and so you can get lot more visitors for your website.

YEP, that’s right, there’s this little known website which shows you how to get to the top 10 of Google and other search engines guaranteed.

I used it and in just 7 days… got floods of traffic to my site...

…Well check out the incredible results for yourself -
http://magic-traffic-software.com

I’m not trying to be rude here, but I believe when you find something that finally works you should share it…

…so that’s what I’m doing today, sharing it with you:

http://magic-traffic-software.com

Take care - your friend Jennifer

 

Post a Comment

<< Home