Tuesday, March 01, 2005

IP Freely

Apologies to anyone who saw the last entry here three times under two different titles, blogger was playing up.

I played some very mediocre snooker last night, fuelled by lager of course. Played cash for a couple of hours when I got in, one table each of PLO and PLO8. As usual I won at straight Omaha and lost at hi-lo. I really don’t know why I can’t win at 8-or-better, and I need to give it some careful examination. If it is simply not going to be a profitable game for me then I need to cut it out – this message brought to you by our Department of Obvious.

Still, I won a decent amount for a couple hours of – to be honest - fairly drunk play. I was giving it loads in the chat, which I expect masks the reality that I am a cold-blooded, dead-eyed poker assassin. Or whatever. I played quite freely, thanks to the alcohol and also thanks to having a reasonable bankroll once more.

Today I had the chance to pop into Borders at lunchtime, and was quite excited to see ‘Super System’ on the shelf, until I realised that it was the original and not ‘Super System 2’. I didn’t buy it, but might have a closer look when I have more time. There were quite a few new poker books there since my last visit, but it is quite frustrating when most books don’t even touch on your favourite game.

At the moment I would quite like to get hold of Chris Moneymaker’s book, and also ‘Harrington on Hold ‘Em’.

1 Comments:

At 1:11 am, Blogger Pauly said...

Dan Harrington's book is worth it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home