Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Disturbing slide

I am slipping into some good habits and some bad habits. I’m working harder and feeling more motivated at work (whilst still dreaming of the exit), but I am getting sloppy living on my own; chores and such getting overlooked for another hour of fag-fuelled poker, personal hygiene standards lowering with the end of my relationship, and getting up later and later in the morning.

This disturbing slide must be stopped. Perhaps next month.

Talking of dreaming of the exit, I was chatting with a friend who has been an online pro for some time and it turns out he plays at least 80 hours a week. Bloody hell! I could most certainly make a living if I played that long, but I don’t think I could hack it. Mind you, he doesn’t multi-table much.

I really would love to return to the days I spent (about 90 of them, ha ha) playing poker for a living, only with the added proviso of actually making a profit. But going pro, making it my business - can I be bothered to draw up a health and safety policy or ‘appropriate internet use’ guidelines?

Oh, last night I played about three hours and lost a little. Damn, that’s not supposed to happen. I played the $5+1 tourney again, swaggering in as a champion and departing after ten minutes when my pocket Kings ran into pocket Aces (and King-Queen, but never mind that). I entered a PLO sit and go, been a while since I played those; I played extremely well but only managed a financially pitiful third.

I’m on a poker buzz right now because I have just ordered two books from Amazon, courtesy of a kind colleague and their debit card. I’ve gone for ‘Super System 2’ and ‘Moneymaker’. Will they find a place on my shelf, or join ‘Zen and the Art of Poker’ on eBay?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home