Thursday, February 24, 2005

After the diatribe

The phone line was unexpectedly working when I got home from work after Monday’s diatribe. I think it happened because during my last phone call on Monday afternoon I mentioned (truthfully) that the local newspaper was interested in the story.

So – at last! – I could settle down and play online poker in my own space, with no distractions. Well, no distractions that I did not choose to have myself. Unfortunately, thanks to my enforced and maddening break from the game, I chose to dive into the first empty seat rather than wait perhaps five minutes to get into a good game. The seat was in a game four times bigger than what I normally play… Can you see what’s coming?

Yes, by playing in too big a game and suffering a below-average session of luck, I murdered most of my pitiful remaining bankroll. Until payday I am now reduced to playing bottom-feeder heads-up matches. I quite enjoy them, and am convinced they are profitable for me, but it hurts not to be able to sit in a good Omaha game if I see one.

Since Monday, my girl has been staying. Unfortunately, yesterday evening a phone call out of the blue from my Danish ex-girlfriend (but long-time friend) triggered a fairly bad argument which covered much familiar ground. I am so weary of some of the issues that I really couldn’t be arsed to make my case or try to reassure her, so as of this moment it looks like we may be finished. Again.

Hey ho, I’ll live. Tonight I will be attempting to win more heads-up no limit freezeouts, marking time until I get paid tomorrow and can reload my Omaha gun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home