Thursday, September 09, 2004

Tweaks

Just a quickie. I didn't have a great night of poker. Around three hours either side of the pub (England football match on satellite TV), and won only $11.

Some heads-up after work, a small loss. And some PLO at night, where I did okay but blew back most of a decent stack before I left. I got a little lucky to get the stack, to be honest. I misread my opponent somewhat, but my turn bet and his re-raise left me few enough chips that I had to call with what turned out to be eleven outs. I knew I could not be drawing dead, even in the worst case scenario. It was a slightly tougher table than in my recent sessions, and I was pleased with how I played it.

I really want to get the heads-up play back on track, and I have spent some time last night and today lost in thought about my weaknesses. I have come up with one or two tweaks to make, and have also devised a specific strategy I want to try out against opponents - except against the weak and/or readable types, where I won't change much at all.

If I put as much thought, involvement and effort into my career I might have got somewhere by now. But I have never wanted to.

Current numbers: in the fourteen days since I made a deposit, I have won almost $500.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home