Friday, September 10, 2004

Sat tight and waited

The PLO cash just keeps on rolling. Won another $80 last night in a little under three hours. It was an okay game, not the best ever, but people would pay off big hands so I sat tight and waited for them.

I have to record the failures too, though. I have made a poor start in the $10+1 PLO sit and goes. Since cashing in second in my first attempt, I have failed to money in four straight. 5th, 5th, 4th and 7th.

I don't think I am doing a lot wrong, honestly. I still see most all of the mistakes from the $5+1 games going on, although there have been typically another two or three decent players in these games compared to one or none in the five buck beanfests. But I haven't managed to win a crucial hand in the last four attempts; my 4th place could easily have been a top two place last night but I lost two toss-ups in succession, just for instance.

Five events is not enough to form an opinion on whether these will be as profitable as the $5 games; I have gone four without cashing in the smaller game before now.

I'm at just over $550 profit in the last 15 days, and am thinking of treating myself - something like a cheapo MP3 player, perhaps.

No real idea about the weekend. I may play a ton, or may take a little bit of a rest. I don't think the PLO cash games will be as soft, so I will need to be ruthless with myself in game selection.

Peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home