Thursday, August 19, 2004

Boneheads

Just thought I'd drop in. I played one sit and go earlier, finishing 2nd.

Five card stid has been unbelievably cruel to me today. At the same time as the sit and go I recorded a tiny profit at 50c/$1, but was robbed by a couple of unbelievable hits on fifth street of about $30 - quite a big deal at 50c/$1 limit! You get these players who raise and reraise after you show strength. And they keep hitting on me on fifth. I have two pair, they hit their two out trips, and so on.

Tonight, at $1/$2, has been even worse. I am just about level at the moment, but have been absolutely fucked up the arse - sideways! - to the tune of over fifty bucks in pots, by cruel cruel rivers. One chap raised his four-flush on fourth street against my open Jacks, and hit it. Another reraised my two pair when it was literally impossible for him to be beating me, and hit his two-out trips.

It is maddening when people make these bone-headed plays against you, completely oblivious to the tight play that you have displayed for over an hour, and get lucky.

However, in the time it has taken to write these short paragraphs I have actually benefitted from the boneheads to the tune of 12 big bets, so I will shut up moaning and go to bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home