Saturday, August 14, 2004

Good reads go bad

Three PLO sit and goes without cashing since I wrote about my expertise! 4th, 6th and 5th. I haven't done much wrong, but if you can't make a hand at any stage of the game then you are going to go out before the money. My confidence is unaffected, and I'm playing one now.

Had a bad morning though, dropped a whole buy-in at $50 omaha cash. I have to learn sometimes to allow for the truly unpredictable (unpredictably bad, I mean) play of some opponents; its no good making a good read on what they have, and bluffing because they can't possibly call with what they have, when in fact they CAN possibly call!

I am staying at a friend's house at the moment, cat-sitting for the weekend. It is nice to get some privacy and space.

Irony of the week: I finally raised the nerve to attend my dentist's appointment on Friday (despite no pain since that time a couple weeks ago) and I got the time wrong. I wasn't too concerned, and they gave me a fresh appointment for Wednesday. Lo and behold, late Friday night my tooth started giving me pain again. It is almost funny, but too painful and annoying to quite make it.

The esteemed reader who commented on my giving up smoking will probably be disappointed to hear that I have flopped completely!

I am playing like a dick in this sit and go. I got a nice stack, but have pissed most of it away when I have made the right read and failed to act on it.

This is a crap post. Sorry, I'm fuzzy on codeine.

1 Comments:

At 2:15 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi all!
Very nice site.
clinic doc

news http://clinic.xbuv.info/ clinic photo
Bye

 

Post a Comment

<< Home