Thursday, July 15, 2004

Britblogs

I have quite enjoyed being something of a rarity, as a British poker blogger. However, the 'viral phenomenon' of poker blogs has now followed McDonalds, MTV and 'talk to the hand' across the Atlantic, and Britblogs are springing up daily. I might link a few another day, but its worth noting that they tend to be more 'live play' focussed than online.

I didn't play any poker last night; probably a good thing because when I play tonight I will be a little more removed from Tuesday's debacle.

What I did do last night was head north for various boring reasons, which also meant I could see my ex and a couple other friends from my time up there. It was lovely to see her, and she seems so happy - which I have been until my money troubles really started to bite this week.

She has embarked on a lot of dating and 'casual relationships', if you know what I mean, since we split. I have no problem with that, but last night for some reason it got me a little moon-faced, wondering why our sex life died so badly (principally from her side) yet since we split she has been pretty rampant. It doesn't crush me or make me jealous or anything like that... just makes me a bit sad. There was a very specific event which halted our sex life some months after we got together, and I think that remained the root cause thereafter; once a couple stops doing it for whatever reason I think it becomes hard to re-ignite the thing. You have become Two People Who Don't Have Sex, and its uncomfortable trying to change it.

On a more flippant note, my ex has encountered a guy who is truly enormously endowed. Of course I could not resist asking the question... And it seems that if he was a 10 and this other 'small' guy she saw was a 4, then I am 'a 7 or 8'. Which is nice to hear, even if it sounds suspiciously diplomatic. Never mind, I have always played a short stack pretty well.

So what does tonight hold? Well, I am going to see Spiderman 2 straight from work in two hours' time. The cinema is 5 minutes walk away, I'm going alone - the best way to go to the cinema - and I cannot wait. (Does this count as poker content since Toby Maguire plays in some of the big tournaments?)

Once home, I will of course play some poker. It is my last chance for more than a week since I fly off to Corfu tomorrow night.

I am in two minds how to play. Part of me wants to play cautiously, probably heads-up matches where I can't see myself losing my 'roll under any circumstances. Another part of me thinks what the hell, go for it, gamble it up if I can find a half-decent pot limit game - either double my pitiful bankroll up or lose it, because its too small to count for much anyway.

My dilemma was increased by Iggy's latest post, which mentions a concept I first saw proposed by Mike Caro; namely, that you should take more risks with a small bankroll than with a large one.

While I ponder this thorny decision, here are six celebrities I have been told I resemble: Colin Firth (actor, was in 'Love Actually'), Tony Mortimer (ex singer with East 17), John Hurt (who is about thirty years older than me), Max Beesley (actor, ex-boyfriend of Mel B), Jim Carrey (annoying goon), Matthew Perry (in his slimmer moments I guess).

The fact that these six people look very little like each other makes it all very puzzling.

2 Comments:

At 1:09 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there 89TJ, a real useful blog. Can you believe it? When blog surfing for detailed info on online dating tampa I ended up on your page. Obviously your site is not exactly what I was searching for, but your site caught my interest. Just wanted to drop a quick note to comment your blog...now to move on and continue my search for online dating tampa. Should the need ever arise where you need information on online dating tampa then drop by for a look.

 
At 10:58 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi 89TJ, I found your blog informative. While out blog surfing today for specific info on adult dating services online, I ended up on your page. Your site shows that I ended up a little off base, but I am certainly glad I stopped by. I will bookmark your site for a future visit, and should you ever need it, there is plenty of information on this site about adult dating services online.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home