Thursday, July 08, 2004

Pour some sugar on me

Mmmm, I have not played poker in nearly 72 hours, two whole days and nights and a bit, and I feel good for it.

I have now made a deposit and I feel ready to sit down and play, with recent events put behind me. Thats not to say I 'expect' or guarantee to win, but I feel that I have got my poker head back on.

I have enough deposited to play PLO if I wish, but my guiding principle is going to be game selection. I will play whatever looks like the best game, the best lineup. There is a fair chance that will be five card stud more often than not at the moment. But whatever, I feel ready to be patient and careful and thoughtful. I also feel ready to pay attention when I play. It is unforgiveable that I have had to make guesses on certain decisions recently when, with a little more attention, I could have had more of a read on certain opponents.

Enough poker for a minute. I love Boy Genius's blog, and reading it this morning reminded me how much I like 'personal' content in poker blogs. BG even mentioned 'Pour Some Sugar On Me' by Def Leppard, which is one of my favourite songs. Not my normal type of music at all, but it makes me smile, including the over emotive transatlantic vocal delivery... 'Paaawwwww suurrrm shu-gah on maaaaaaay! Ooooh, ina the name of-a-luuuuuve'

You wouldn't think the singer (Joe Elliot, fact fans) came from the northern english city where I lived until February.

BG also described himself as 'slightly overweight', at 5 feet 10 and 15 stone. This may or may not betray differing UK/USA sizing, but that sounds pretty heavy to me. But then again he might be a broad-shouldered linebacker type. Me, I'm five-eleven, and eleven and a half stone (which is 160 lbs for American readers). I'm pretty slim but not exactly skinny. 'Lean', I would call myself. Dark hair, pale skin, average not-bad features that seem to constantly lead people to tell me I look like such-and-such celebrity.

And my eyes are hazel - or red when I'm on tilt.

1 Comments:

At 11:50 am, Blogger BG said...

HEY! If you carry the five stone (200 lbs to those of us not on some antiquated system of measurement - by the way, I'm ALL of eleven hands tall) well, and if you put me next to my 280lb brother, I'm not THAT heavy.

Smartass...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home