Wednesday, October 27, 2004

Worst possible position

Another loss last night, exactly $30 over almost three hours. However, I don’t think I played badly on the whole. A number of hands went against me which on another day would have put chips in my stack – no single huge beats, just a series of pots as a small favourite or even money which mostly went the wrong way.

My ‘hands won’ percentage was only 9 or 10%, somewhat low for the six-handed tables. That is not a massively significant statistic since it is winning money that counts, not lots of pots, but it does indicate that I was hitting fewer cards than usual, as I tend to see a figure around 15%.

Additionally, the tables were not brilliant. Not tough enough to warrant not playing, but not as soft as I would have liked. I missed the peak 7pm – 9pm period when there always seem to be weakies galore.

I had a funny old night besides that. Got quite sentimental and nostalgic about my ex - which was aided by writing a little bit of my novel (ha) – and this spiralled downwards into a fit of self-loathing and sadness. I’m also so damn tired. I go into the early hours most nights, partly due to the desire to put the hours in at poker and partly because once I go to bed then the next event is getting up for (shudder) work… So I seek to delay that moment for as long as possible.

Hmm, just another thought about my play last night. I played a few too many hands out of position, putting myself in tricky situations after getting action/calls on the flop.

I’m in the worst possible position right now, actually. Yes, I’m in the office.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home