Tuesday, June 01, 2004

I exist - official!

Reader, I am stoked! (My American English is pretty good, no?) When I started this blog on Friday, I wondered how and if I might ever get any readers, and whether I might ever get linked by anybody. Then I check out the king of pokerblogs this morning to find he has reviewed and linked me inside three days! I am quite pathetically flattered and now feel like a proper poker blogger - although I swear that contrary to Iggy’s comments, I haven’t yet used the words ‘git’ or ‘wanker’ in here. Still, it can only be a matter of time.

I would love to repay Iggy for the enormous pleasure I have gleaned from his blog, by signing up at Party using his bonus code. The reason I haven’t/won’t/can’t is fairly simple, so let’s deal with the promised ‘Why aren’t I playing at Party?’ topic

In a nutshell, it is a banking issue. I have heard enticing tales about Party for a long time, but I am hampered by a severe lack of available funds to put into a new site, and by a lack of a VISA credit card (Mastercard have become an arse when it comes to gambling transactions, even – and this is pathetic - here in the UK where betting on or offline is one hundred percent legal), and by an aversion to jumping through the hoops of services like Neteller or Firepay.

The site where I play is so wonderfully simple in terms of banking that it almost makes me cry. I can even withdraw winnings IN CASH at their betting shops, which is a major bonus because it stops withdrawals disappearing, horribly intangible, into the black hole of my overdrawn bank account.

As it happens, I will end up trying out Party sometime soon, but it will be through a relatively new skin here in the UK, run by a British bookmaking firm who offer simple banking via my debit card. I don’t know whether Party offers PLO games that are as juicy and piscatorial as their Hold ‘Em tables, but I will take a look eventually.

Hell, I hope I never write a post as dull as this ever again. I will be back later, when I will be writing about that tricky poker/girls interface.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home