Friday, May 28, 2004

Pokerblogs are ruining my life

Yes they are... I googled ‘poker diary’ a couple weeks ago and before I knew it, had been sucked into a vortex of blog-reading from which I have yet to escape. Which would be fine if I wasn’t reading them at work.

But thank you Iggy, Decker, Pokerbunny, MeanGene, Felicia et al for a ton of good reading, and for inspiring me to finally start a poker journal myself.

I have kept a ‘real-life’ diary online for a couple of years, but have resisted filling it up with too much poker content. This for the sake of my non-poker-playing (and mostly-imaginary) readers, and to avoid giving them or myself the impression that I am a poker-obsessed mono-maniac. Who uses too many hyphens.

So anyways, here I can indulge and chronicle my obsession to the full, although I am sure some of my other interests and views will rear their heads from time to time. I think this blog will be a mixture of confessional, archive, fantasy, business plan, catharsis, crowing, crying, and lying….

Mmm, I have so much I want to write about, since I have been planning this blog for over a week. But I think that first I will be mundane and predictable and give you the quick skinny on me and my poker:

I am British, English in fact. I have been playing online for money for, hell I am not sure, about three years? I’ve moved over time from micro-stakes limit Hold ‘Em to pot limit Hold ‘Em and now my definite game of choice, Pot Limit Omaha. I play $50 dollar maximum buy-in at the moment. Last summer I was playing $100 and $200 buy-in games, and had a short period attempting to play for a living, after being made redundant. After a good start it all went tits-up, as we Brits say, and currently I am back using poker as a means to supplement my income. Which is desperately needed, since I am drowning in a sea of foolishly-accrued debt.

I play cash-games almost exclusively, with the odd ‘sit and go’ of No Limit Hold ‘Em or Pot Limit Omaha for a bit of side action. I’ve not historically been into multi-table tournaments online, but have dabbled a little recently and will write about that soon.

I’m starting this blog at a fairly high point in my pokering. I am playing good and running good in Omaha, raising frequently, making good decisions, using position, blah blah blah, winning 400 bucks over my last 20-odd hours of play. Not too bad, in my opinion, for a game with 25c and 50c blinds.

Coming soon: Why I don’t keep records, Playing against a world champion, Why aren’t I playing at Party?, and much much more

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home